PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSA harassing foreign air crews ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2003, 10:08
JJflyer
ZbV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry TSA harassing foreign air crews ?

TSA? are they harassing everyone equally? Is it just me or are foreigners getting shafted more often that locals?

Early this week most of Finnair cabin female crew on a flight from JFK to HEL where stripped to their underwear in front of the PAX "to find a metal objects". Ensuing search was described as very intimate and humiliating.
After spending 4 years in security (Mil) I fail to see how targeting aircrews and humiliating them advances or improves security in any way.

How would you think that US gov would react if crews flying for US companies where subjected to same treatment say in FRA or LHR. They would be crying bloody murder and demand immediate stop to this unlawful and uncivlized harrasment of their citizens. Perhaps that is what it takes to get some senses into their actions.

It is sad to see a great nation turn into a "Banana Republic". I have lots of very good American friends and have had plenty of good time there. I have enjoyed visiting US as part of my job and for pleasure and while training lived in US for 2 odd years.

I have heard countless stories like this in the last month. But unfortunately cannot verify details on the others than the one above. Any experiences wih TSA you want to share?