PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 18th Nov 2012, 07:03
disagreeable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Shaggy330
Sorry to hear that didnt work out for you. This is typical behaviour and it sadly is generally unexplainable. Why I hear you ask? Its because of the chaotic nature of the office, and the managers and staff in there.

To all you other QR wannabe's!
The rapid expansion of QR does not mean a dam thing; it does not and should not guarentee anybody a job . Including you! So dont quit your jobs in hope, and if I were you, take other suitable employment if its offered before QR.

Unfortunately I must say that a reasonable amount of less than competant people have slipped through the pilot selection process, but sadly most managers and staff in the office are the major problem not being delt with in QR.

Unfortunately it produces results like this, unexplained rejections, hiring of incompetant people and a general mess of paperwork and inefficient systems.

I remember one person in the "talent pool", that rejected a FTSO slot on the A320, then only about 2 months later they recieved a DOJ/start date letter for the 320!!

There is no explination for alot of things that happen; No real communication and certainly no real empathy for anyone called an employee (especially pilots).

edit:
There is a legal system in this country, however, good luck getting any legal representation that actually helps you!!! And about that dirty word called Ethics.......that doesnt exist here! lol.

Last edited by disagreeable; 18th Nov 2012 at 07:07.