PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2012, 01:22
dlcmdrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading some of the atrocious comments re the crew on Skytrax and IB's ranking especially when one compares it to BA I am surprised IB lasted as long as they did and this reorganisation could well be the change that they so sorely need.

IB was voted in the top 10 worst airlines of the world.

I am appalled by some of the comments of our Spanish members here and would dread to think they were actually crew.

There surely must be some good and decent crew at IB and I do feel for them and the future that they are facing.
Last edited by cldrvr; 15th Nov 2012 at 21:33.
Depends on what a guy like you thinks of decent. I suppose most of ib crews are not gonna share your view of decency, and most of major airline pilots in the world either.

People like us actually care about customers, passengers, fellow employees and then.... Profit.... In that order, not the "decency" order you would assume.

Omnipresent

There is no need to cook any books, when the CEO is doing every effort to make the airline lose money!

I can make BA lose money from tomorrow morning if you appoint me as CEO and I can make a profit out of it.

In 2015 the distribution of the board between IB and BA will be determined based of the relative size of both companies.

Is it a coincidence that just after the merger IB is in a deadly spin, when it was quite OK before it took place?

According to you, guys, IB workers deserve what they are having because they are spanish, basically. It is a miracle that IB lasted so long. (Just until the merger, pheew...)
Bingo.

People in this thread are either company fanboys or very simplistic broad general audience that will believe what any company tells you.

Its really easy to pass the cargo haul of the johannesburg line to Ba, and then claim it unprofitable, pass this line to ba, hence get rid of airplanes and then justify cutting jobs.

Thats also cooking books, and it is also a waste of time trying to explain this to certain pro-company, pro-benefit individuals.

Dont try to teach a pig how to sing, you'll waste your time and the pig will get angry. ( my salutations to the portuguese, irish air lingus guys and the greeks , this doesnt go for them )

Last edited by dlcmdrx; 18th Nov 2012 at 01:35.