PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2012, 13:24
ScotsSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyGla, apologies for my spelling mistake but come on ...whilst I agree that PIK needs an upgrade, to talk about passengers turning around and heading home whilst 'tongue in cheek' is quite pathetic. I use the majority of UK airports and PIK is in need of repair but it is no worse than GLA's low cost pier which is shabby, GLA's middle pier which in places reeks of damp, CWL's drab and forlorn looking terminal, BHX's FlyBe terminal which is tatty, LHR's terminal one which us a shambles. EDI has its issues as well so what is needed is investment across a number of UK airports from a passenger's point of view - and I don't mean investment in shopping centres! PIK will survive and will remain a strategic asset in some form or other. Slow death? Time will tell but I'm convinced that the airport will remain to provide various aviation related activities and services including a passenger operation as well as ensuring that there is continued competition to both GLA and EDI. This can only be good for the consumer and for business in general. We are indeed very fortunate to have three good airports within the central belt.