PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots are the best paid
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2012, 11:39
Sovi3tskiy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by john_smith
Actually, these days it's a job for anyone with the money to complete the training.

As long as there are no barriers to entry other than availability of money, Ts&Cs will continue to get worse.
We'll its hard to get into it, not that many guys/girls can put out £100K as it is, especially in current climate... I see what you are saying and I agree the issue is to many candidates for jobs but I think its far from and easy job to get into, takes a lot from you to get to the stage of working for an airline. Its not a commoners job otherwise there would be even more people fighting for jobs, even if you go out anywhere and say that you are a pilot everyone is impressed, it command respect, envy ect. Because everyone wants to be a pilot but far from a position to become one... Its a dream for most....

I believe it more of a problem from the side of recruitment/training... It should be controlled more, look at train drivers, they apply for a job first then begin training (yes its high competition 1 to 300 places) but then look at their conditions and salary, its amazing, for what is a fairly simple job (no offence)... Pilots on the other hand hard job but awful conditions/salary... The main thing I can only see logical now is for the pilots to unite and say enough is enough, we want our rights back... Stop working for a few days all together on a mass scale, say usa and europe stop all flights for 2-3 days, that would be all that it takes to start rolling the ball our way... Make them understand again the importance of our roles...