PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 17th Nov 2012, 06:56
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEROMEDIC.

Code:
As we aren't there yet, a Senate Inquiry isn't a bad start.
Too true and under oath as well.

Sunfish

Code:
The question then becomes: are the complainants simply malcontents with an axe to grind, or is there actually room for improvement?
Answer unfortunately equals both, from my past experiences here, most of the malcontents and a pretender are easily recognisable, some not so but I'll get there. As always the reasoned and quality postings seem to get drowned in the stampede to be the most active reviler.

There is always room for improvement and if we can sort the sh!t from the clay around here we might get some proactive response. It was and I'm sure is still true that CASA monitor this site. One does not need much imagination to suggest they may throw the baby out with the bathwater so to speak.

Code:
My mate has just picked up about a $1million yacht for $300,000 and I am tempted to do the same anyway.
. Yup and you can buy a Gulfstream or Citation for less than half its costs pre GFC. This like the yacht to which you refer opens a trap for young players all on their own, they dont cost less than half to operate and have the potential to fall into the wrong hands. Usually before they get to the distressed stage the maintenance has suffered to the point that they are practically valueless unless you have your eyes wiiiiiiiiiiide open and a biggish wallet.

LookLeft
Code:
What is being discovered in this inquiry however is what can happen after that process and your business venture is sold to others.
Of course that is always a possibility, but I hope I have that covered by invoking an even higher standard than the CASA requirement in the IS-BAO, this Internationally accepted SMS registration which requires minimum 2 year renewal and demonstration that you have in fact gone forward from the last. That's the point of difference and a significant value add. Further if there is a significant change in management a relook is required, as so should CASA audits.

Creampuff

Whilst I consider/research the answer to your question you and others might want to contemplate the attached insofar as it might relate to this discussion. Its an old one but I thought it captures the human condition and this discussion. I expect this will bring on a stoning of myself for which purpose I am happy to arrange a venue.