PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2012, 22:44
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for Ryanair, they have five based aircraft in the summer at PIK which is still a Hell of a lot more than when I was growing up.
I'm fairly certain that it was only four and that is not a particularly large base. It had six aircraft only a couple of years ago and since then, Prestwick has lost aircraft whilst other bases have been getting more aircraft which effectively results in Prestwick going from one of Ryanair's largest UK bases to one of their smallest in only a couple of years. I now make Prestwick the third smallest out of their eleven UK bases with only Leeds and Bournemouth being smaller. Go back to 2009 or 2010 for instance and Prestwick was probably their fourth or fifth biggest base in the UK. If Ryanair are shrinking at Prestwick than what chance is there of any major growth in the longer term? I hope that somebody can prove me wrong because like I say, it would be great for Prestwick to succeed and am sure that it will but I'm only saying what is happening and the risks that are caused by it.