PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2012, 22:28
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem Wizz have on the Polish routes is that they are generally not flying much of a mix of passengers, for example whilst on Wizz you'll get 95% of passengers who are either Polish living in Poland, or Polish living in Ireland. On Ryanair there is a much more diverse passenger rang and better brand recognition overall, although I do agree W6 is stronger in Poland etc but not by such a large margin as RYR is stronger in Western Europe.

I was on one of the first flights from Warsaw to Cork myself, about 130 passengers on it, the same day as a Wizz flight, and I'd say the mix was about 30% Irish 70% Polish, I've flew with both airlines extensively over the past few years and seen this kind of thing bore out time and time again. I've never seen anything like that on a Wizz flight.

As stated previously on the Wizz thread, all of this war was started actually by Wizzair who was the first to try and duplicate a copy of RYR flights, one of the first was Lodz to Luton to compete with RYR to Stansted, and a couple more, it wasn't before this that Ryanair reacted back. Besides, you'll find that Ryanair are present in every city which has an airport in Poland,

I would expect Cork to Krakow to be the biggest success though for Ryanair, as however much W6 try to dress up Katowice, it isn't Krakow. As for the rest the jury is still out.

Oh, and don't underestimate the impact of Wizz's new cabin bag charging policy, thats annoyed a fair few people.

Last edited by DublinPole; 16th Nov 2012 at 22:30.