PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - radio ham saves US plane
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2012, 21:50
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HD, I shouldn't bother. He's probably had to translate from Gibberish to Irish to Level 1 English-for-FlightSimmers before posting which has left that unintelligible garbage. If he is trying to imply that I don't know what it is like to be airborne without a means of communication he's picked on the wrong person. I know only too well how it feels.
Sodapop - I tried to look at your link but for some reason it won't open. I'm not going to push it as in the past I have managed to open links only to find them harbouring a nasty virus.
what is it with these people??
SOPS, my experience was that they all spoke with an American accent and didn't bother to identify themselves as is required. Presumably they regard 121.5 as their personal chat frequency and don't like others using it for its real purpose. Either that, or they are completely ignorant of its real purpose and the fact that we are blessed with what I regard as the best and only dedicated D&D service which operates 24 hrs a day and is free to all, including the idiots, when in need.

Last edited by DX Wombat; 16th Nov 2012 at 21:51.