PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea heli ditching: Oct 2012
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2012, 19:28
abzoilworker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
many thanks for your replies to my posts gents. It was not my intention to slate any one of the operators maintenance procedures or finger point. I have absolutely no doubt that they are all of an exceptional standard. After the tragic incident with the bond machine, we were given a tour around their facility and shown how they go about maintenance procedures etc. I was astounded at the attention to detail that goes into aircraft maintenance. It was very reassuring to see this. If only we carried out maintenance like that offshore!

I also take great comfort in the fact that the guys who fly these machines would not be doing so if they believed for one moment that they were unsafe. a point was made about gossip and rumours offshore regarding helicopters, that point couldn't be closer to the truth. the amount of rumours etc and some of the attitudes of members of offshore staff only enhances these rumours.

It would be usefull for us if the operators sent some information as to what was happening as it is found out. although I am sure there are probably legal implications in doing so.

Last edited by abzoilworker; 16th Nov 2012 at 19:46.