PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair (KA) recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2012, 14:02
felixluihk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALKC1007

congrats on passing your interview!

to be honest, you haven't got much time and i would suggest that you probably should start preparing for the tech in as well if you haven't already started. they don't like people who are unprepared!

for the ICAO english test, it used to be based on 5 exercises.

1) paraphrasing - given some random words to rephrase
2) listening comprehension - listen to a tape then describe what happened in general
3) picture description - describe what you see, what you think is happening, what you think may happen
4) items selection for time capsule - choose items from the list provided, then give reasons for why the items were selected
5) video description - watch a video, describe what happened and how the actors feel, etc

extra questions will be asked within each exercise but i don't think you need to stress on any numbers or dates that were talked about on the tape/ video though.

these are based on the ICAO test over a year ago, i'm not sure how much it has changed. i think it's probably best if you go through the previous posts by KA & CX sections as most information about the selection process (including interview questions) can be found in the previous pages.

good luck!

chowhim

the CPL training (ADL FTA) is based on single pilot training. there will be initially a month of full time ground school before flip flopping between flying & ground school. Once the CPL ground theory is done, there will be full time flying until ATPL (ground theory only) and finally multicrew JTS training before going back to HK for A320/330 multicrew training.

the MPL training (HK & MEL OAA) is based on multicrew training and will complete up to ATPL of ground school in HK before going to MEL for flight training. i think they get up to about PPL standard before they start their multicrew training, then finish off with basically the same multicrew training in HK on the A320/330.

i think the main different is the single or multicrew training. it is thought that in the jets it is a multicrew environment, and therefore it should be better to train pilots in a multicrew environment earlier in the training. licence wise, CPL is entitled to fly under single pilot operations (unlike the MPL), but it's not likely that you'll do that (at least not for the local airlines in hk). once you get 1500 hrs, both MPL & CPL course would have their ATPL unfrozen and i think that's basically all you need so it shouldn't make much different. some say that MPL course is relatively new and that the training may not be so well developed, but there isn't really much prove yet.

hope this helps