PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2012, 12:11
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ mahatmacoat

This is round 2 of 10 so are you going to let them sack 200 and then work overtime to save the Managers? If you do they will cut deeper. Overtime is killing us. Don't come in on my crew and if you try don't sit near me.
Understand this. No one is letting management sack 200, just that no one can stop them, not even the ALAEA, AWU or any other by-standing union. If you haven't got the message yet, management have said they'll accept volunteers for redundancy, then the rest will be compulsory. No consultation is going to stop that.

Overtime is not saving any managers. What has let everyone down over the years, not just now, were the self-serving that took the bait for going on outstation postings, not claiming their entitlements, so they could get more travelling engineer jobs, or those that wanted to do a certain "elevated" position, and were given it if they bent the company's way. This has been, to use a certain term used by Tony Sheldon, a slow bake by the company on us, and many engineers allowed it to happen.

Engineering is cut so deep, there's not much left to cut. How many fought when SYD HM was shut down in 2005? Who helped those guys. Who helped S.I.T. when wave after wave of redundancies took place due to "loss of foreign operator contracts? Who helped to stop MEL HM being shut down this year? How many engineers would have signed a new contract to be let in back to work last year after AJ shut the company down, had it got to the stage you lost a week's pay or so?

Mahatmar, if I decide to come on to your crew to do some O/T, I will, and don't worry, I wouldn't want to sit next to you, the stench may make me dry reach.