PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 16th Nov 2012, 11:04
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Up-Into-the-Air

Where must they go?

And who is going to send them where?

I have been away from here nearly 5 years, when I come back I find Ground Hog Day. It's pathetic.

Same embittered actors or replacements and pretenders, playing the same embittered and irrelevant roles.

I have suffered through 3 maybe 4 cycles of the current angst over the last 30-40 years of aviation in some form or another.

It is no more nor no less important than prior, but whilst the frothing at the mouth around here imay be noticed, the cause does not go forward because in the absence of another Seaview et al, aviation per se just doesn't get on the Government agenda. As agreed with another respected denizen around here, aviation in any form is around 50th on the list of current priorities. It will for either side of Government take a REAL airline accident to get it any higher.

In the meantime I have built a world class organization with the active and sometimes but not very often reactive assistance from CASA.

How about achieving an AOC unrestricted worldwide with heavy's in around 100 days flat. Full marks to CASA.

And a world class IS-BAO Stage 2 registration concurrently.

An AOC for "heavies" starting with Challenger now including Gulfstream.

Noncombative but firm and respectful relationships.

With the top Fortune 250 companies as clients and colleagues, no angst just reasonable and mature dialogue across the table.

From a now retired, but highly respected CASA FOI suggestion, " if you don't think we "get it" write us a paper that educates us". Did, often, and after a bit of to and fro we reach a point from which we are both able to defend our position both safely, legally against the rules and morally defensible.

Full marks to the organization whom you revile. Perfect they are not, but they're not your enemy.

You don't seem to get that the people against whom you rail, are not evil nor do they necessarily have malicious intent. They may not get it even unto McCormick, they're like all of us a product of and therefore victims of their past.

They put their trousers on the same way as us, one leg at a time.

How about trying to engage with them as human beings with all their shortcomings. Some may be more resistant than others, some may need some serious attitude readjustment. Some may just be recidivist.

Consider the penultimate scene fron the Wizard of Oz.

With some exceptions, there is enough talent around here and in the government process to start the process going forward.

We are now in the maybe the 4th cycle of dejavu, we have to break the nexus before it resultsvin realmtragedy, I sincerely hope it is'nt resolved by an airline accident and loss of lives the responsibility for which we and the regulator must share.