PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority in the Qantas Group
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2012, 08:00
leakyboats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF is going on here. I have just had a very informative read of our own internal pilots’ website. It looks like AIPA were trying to pineapple us for 9 months. Either our AIPA subcommittee was asleep at the wheel, or they are incompetent and don’t what due diligence is, or BOTH.

What I find amazing is that AIPA tell us that the GMS is opt in. Then I read this:

2.1 The following pilots are covered by the GMS:

(b) pilots employed by a Current Qantas Group Member who are covered by a collective agreement that contains a term that facilitates the GMS;

4.1 Pursuant to clause 2.1(b) of this framework document, a collective agreement will facilitate the GMS if it:

(a) provides that pilots covered by the collective agreement will be covered by the GMS; or

(b) contains no provision that would prevent pilots covered by the GMS but not covered by that collective agreement, accessing vacancies and/or assuming seniority in a secondary employer pursuant to the GMS.
Well Ph@rk Me Rhonda AGAIN. Our CURRENT agreement, the Jetstar 2008 EBA, contains no provision that would prevent pilots covered by the GMS (Qantas Pilots) accessing vacancies and/or assuming seniority in a secondary employer (Jetstar). SO IT LOOKS LIKE OUR AGREEMENT, BY ITS VERY NATURE OF NOT EXCLUDING A GMS, ACTUALLY FACILITATES IT!!!

Who drafts this sh*t.

I Just had a mate check, and the above from Marcellus is from AIPA’s FINAL SUBMISSION on October 29. He has said that both positions are in that submission, the desired position (aka Operation RODGER ALL SUBSIDIARY PILOTS) and the Julia Gillard BACKFLIP position – the GMS.

Last edited by leakyboats; 16th Nov 2012 at 08:04.