PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2012, 07:25
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, purely for the entertainment value and I know I'm probably going to regret asking this........

Please put forward your alternative strategy for turning the ailing business around to profit.

We're all ears.
Firstly, to undo the merger. Unfortunately this doesn't seem feasible.

Secondly, not managing the company with the ass.

To do a restructuring does not necessarily mean firing thousands and hiring thousands for peanuts. That is not restructuring, that is changing the whole rules of the game.

Any ashole can make a bussiness into the black numbers by doing that. There is no need to go to Harvard. It works perfectly, I promise to you.

The real skill is managing the resources you have to make profit. Reducing costs is one thing and reducing salaries quite another. Slavery would also be very useful to reduce costs. IAG lawyers are exploring the possibilities and are already lobbying in Madrid (only).

You all seem to be very understanding of the need of lowering salaries to make the company make money. Are you shareholders??

There is many ways to save a company. Reducing profits is one. YES. Just the same as a starting company takes years to have the first profit, it can spend years without them while it waits for better times. It is exactly the same sacrifice that they mandate to the workers. But no. Screw the workers. No bonuses are paid if there are no profits!!!

If indonesian shoemakers work 18 hours a day for 5 dolars and a meal a day, Does it mean that british shoemakers have to do the same so that their company can lower the prices, too? NO. It means that importing indonesian shoes in UK should be heavily taxed.

See? There are many ways to solve the same problem. The solution will inevitably bring new ones. the new problems don't necessarily have to be screwing the workers. It is not written in the bible, I think.

I never understand why you guys, not being capitalists (you don't own real capital) defend them so vehemently.

When the crisis hits, they ask sacrifices to the people. We sacrifice, they profit and after the crisis there is no payback. things don't go back to "normal". The crisis is the perfect excuse.

Give me a crisis in the UK. I will then give an speech with the words "streamline" and "synergy" and then you are fuked. Streamlining hurts as much as being fuked in the azz, and so do synergies.

God forbid they streamline you!!

I hope I entertained you