PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2012, 21:17
OltonPete

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Emirates/easyjet

scott737

Yes I thought the passenger figure for October and load factor would have been higher but when I checked back there were still 13 three-class versions most in the early part of the month.

This month there have only been two three class so hopefully things have improved. Manchester & Glasgow were similar load factors to BHX by the look of their figures.

EK only operate two-class 77W's to BHX, NCL & IST in Europe on a regular basis and I believe Copenhagen is changing from three class next year. They have done brief periods on HAM, Rome and they have appeared at Dublin as well.

I would probably go for 3 x 360 seat 77W's if they were to expand as the 9am BHX departure would meet the Dubai-India/Pakistan/Bangladesh departure bank.

A three class 380 and three class 77W would add only a few extra seats and reduce cargo capacity. They could operate the two-class 77W on the evening like they did at first at MAN but that would add less than a 100 seats a day.

easyjet

Good start although fares have been low, tomorrow morning is still only £50 plus £9 although tomorrow night is £155 one way. Monday morning inbound is also only £40 which seems reasonable but I suppose in the short-term it is all about building market share.

By the way flybe Belfast City was up 5% in October.

The cruise flight to Bridgetown starts again tomorrow by Thomson but overall these seem less than last November.

SAS have sent in 738's the last two days but whether this was load related I don't know.

Pete