PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2012, 17:15
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't bother

They just believe their numbers and say that our numbers are lies.

They only use the numbers they want. The losses are real. Yes they are.

They started after the merger

...because that is what they want. They are making every effort to put IB in losses, because as they should know, the size of the airlines in 2015 will determine the proportion of gentlemen of each seating in the board. After that, IB will be excreted. It is just part of the plan.

They say they want to reduce IB and keep only the profitable routes, but then why are they swapping the schedules of them with BA so that BA is doing now the most attractive schedules to MIA and other destinations?

I will now outline what is going on here:

BA can't expand. Not because of lack of market or capital, but because Heathrow is saturated.

Therefore BA wants to get the most out of each slot in LHR. All the best routes and schedules will go for BA in LHR. All the good bussiness passengers (those ones that airlines fiercely fight for) are going to be carried by BA. The remnants for IB.

That is the plan. Squeezing IB, sucking the good part of if, and then excreting the rest.

The merger has proven ill for IB. It was a big mistake. As big as the Euro, mistake which you british have very cleverly averted.

But don't worry. Don't think the crisis is over. As we speak, europe's economy is stagnating again. Even germany is not growing. France is starting to show some bad symptoms. The worse is still to come, I'm afraid.

Anyway. I hope we will all keep a good health an discuss about all this in the future years, and we will see who was right, you or us. It's just a matter of time.