PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MMMmmmiles Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2003, 18:20
atb1943

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wait until I find out how to post photos, then there'll be more fun. Got a gorgeous (IMHO) b/w photo of Smith's Gemini in long grass at WW............and a very strange scimitar tailed 4-prop job built or reengineered for a filum.

Incidentally Aerohack (or anybody of course), any idea what the CAP-looking red and white aircraft was aerobatting around Thorney today? The only link was that it wasMMMmmmiles away. An Army Lynx did a couple of circuits over Eastoke carrying rocket-launchers on its skids.

I note too that the day we departed WW in 1962 in 'GTC for Rotterdam, SE-AFN was present, today's 'EEG. The Proctor had quite a lot of wing surface from which to wipe the early-morning dew.

And travelling through Christchurch station yesterday, I wondered where the airfield was situated and what it had been like, because I can't recall a tiny bit of my visit 40 years ago, except to have noted what was there, Comper Swift 'BUU, two Consuls or Oxfords, and a US-registered Comanche, 6183P. Anyone got a photo of Christchurch? It might jog my memory.

cheers!