PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application and Info
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2012, 10:38
GLEN2651

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates Application and Info

Hi,

I am currently in the process of applying to Emirates with my 2500 hours from a UK low cost. I have been in the BA hold pool and drowned twice now so have given up on my UK aspirations and decided Emirates is the best option for me. I was hoping someone who has recently gone through the application process could give me some more info on the interview and sim over the 4 days.

I have also some questions regarding pay and fleet:

What is your average monthly/ yearly take home?

How much is the profit share usually?

What are the increments yoy?

Is it adviseable to take the accomodation provided or source your own; i would be coming as a single F/O. What is the cash alternative, and if you take the cash, do you still get the company contribution towards your utility bills.

Would it be possible to come back to the UK once a month for a weekend?

What are the rosters like?

Regarding staff travel, as I have no dependants, what is the viability of flying friends out to visit you and how many discounted tickets do you get and what is the discount?

Are there any restrictions on when you can take your holidays and the duration of the holiday you take?

Which fleet offers the quickest command?

Which fleet is the best for lifestyle- I prefer stopovers and futher afield destinations.

Finally, every airline obviously has pros and cons. As an operator, what would you say the best and worst aspects are.

I really am just looking for some unbiased straight talking overview of what life is like to help me make some more informed decisions, not to start a food fight!