PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QLINK to get a new Manager Standards and Development (CAR 217 leadership)
Old 15th Nov 2012, 01:48
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

I'm hearing whispers from some senior mainline FOs they want an MoU like they have with JQ, (and that's keeping up the morale of the JQ drivers! ) in order to get a command because we all know what the command potential is like at QF at the moment...
'Senior mainline F/Os' are senior enough to have a command given that 'senior mainline F/Os' are mostly senior to me. Given they've not bid for a 737 or 767 command (probably due to the pay cut or lifestyle drop) I can't see them bidding for a Q400 command. Massive pay drop and lifestyle change.

Junior mainline F/Os perhaps but they'd still be taking a decent pay cut to be a Q400 Captain.

With that in mind, I call 'bull****'. Not saying that you haven't heard the rumour, just saying that whoever started it hasn't spoken to a 'senior mainline F/O' or has a very distorted view of the world. Should also point out that PPRUNE is the first I've heard of it- not that me not hearing it doesn't make it true either but I would have heard murmurings of this one were there a shred of evidence to it.

If you want to join QLink, happy to welcome you - at the bottom of the seniority like everyone else.
If you were familiar with AIPAs statements relating to seniority, you'd already know that this is precisely what they've proposed previously. Equally, it'd apply to everyone.

So perhaps, just perhaps, this statement...

Mainline's sense of entitlement over the entire group is sickening.
.... is complete and utter BS.

Last edited by Keg; 15th Nov 2012 at 01:50.