PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skies Aviation
Thread: Skies Aviation
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2012, 19:18
ozzyair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
General Information

Hi All

I can imagine for those of you who desprately wanted to fly, its not easy to jump direct to certain type of aircraft, and some thrid party company may use the opportunities to make money too, make sure you search the company who ever listed here, if they are new, they may be good or may not be good, but last experience show that some have been disappointed, the school mention here or websites in this discussion DOES NOT have UAE GCAA Approval, they are merely brokers / Agent or third party

My suggestion to choose the training school are :

1. Ask your school about their Organisation Approval, either JAA / UAE GCAA TRTO, or FAA Part 142 for Aircraft Type related, if they have its good, else if they are not approved school, you may want to see what agreement they have in place with other training center for simulator is it Dry lease or wet lease
2. Once you identify the Training Certificate, see their Training specifications, what training specification they are authorise to perform, eg initial Type Rating, Recurrent, Instructor or examiner, if they have it means you are save, else ask if they have agreement with other TRTO
3. Once they have proper agreement, then you are save to do Type Rating Training
4. Whats next, off course you want to make sure you have the airlines to fly with, in this case, ask the TRTO or who ever offer you a job for flying, they have agreement with the airlines, offcourse you can ask them to delete the commercial part, but you need to see if these are in place.
5. If those item are not possible to obtain, and you want to try your luck, go ahead, but do it safely, eg: place money in phases, show them your account that you have fund, and you want to pay by phase, example if they are asking USD40K you may want to pay say 30% when you start ground school Type rating, another 30% second phase of the simualtor, then another 30% when you have letter offer to fly with the company.
6. If you are not sure, I recommend you contact directly the operator, as most of the operator in UAE have authority to accept any pilot with out type rating and the company may make specific agreement that if you do your type rating, you are willing to pay the operator extra due to missing his intructor for their line flyings etc

I hope this is a little informative