PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 14th Nov 2012, 17:40
jibba_jabba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iQatar says:
Qatar Airways interview NTSO's, which basically is pilot's straight out of flight school. FTSO have little bit more experience and then you get the rated or non rated FO's.
Let me clarify a slightly insulting definition of FTSO's:
NTSO's = Zero real world experience; probably young and ignorant; will accept all manner of BS given too them so they can have or keep a jet job; Less than 300Hrs total!

FTSO = 3 - 8years exp; most likely a person who busted ther arse working in G.A/RPT; highly likely they didnt have the A/C weight requirement to be called an F.O; 10 to 20 times the experience of cadets(NTSO)

F.O = 3 - 8 years exp; jet time (most likely) and/or A/C weight over threshold limit. 10 to 20 times the experience of cadets(NTSO)

iQatar says:
So I don't know how you can say people do not satisfy minimum requirements. If you have a type rating with no time on it i.e. you have bought it or got made redundant or sacked, QR will probably made you redo the type rating.
A lot of people attended open days and got invited for interviews after that.
@Continueapproach
I think there is some people that gained entry to QR that didnt have the requirements that you maybe refering too? either way, thats connections for you.

You dont have connections, you have no time on type, and your total time is nothing to influence. You will have to do type rating again, and be bonded. You most likely not get called any sooner (but may be lucke).
You have wasted your $$$ on A320 rating!!
Try Cebu Air in Indonesia (get a few years exp) and then apply here or EK.
good luck

Last edited by jibba_jabba; 14th Nov 2012 at 17:42.