PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - El Al pilot arrested at JFK airport.
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2012, 15:21
Hedge36

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FerrypilotDK
That is right......TSA removed a nail scissors considered too long from a captain with a weapon license and loaded revolver...

Sorry, but most of these guys are following "rules" and have their judgement and brains turned off. Like when toddlers are denied boarding, because they are on the "no-fly list." obviously an error, same name or something, but that 18 month old is not on the list!

But we are being trained now to accept any manner of intrusion and BS. We accept that TSA people rifle through our bags, that our phone calls and Internet communications are monitored...... We have as a culture, completely lost the plot.
Hm. Not sure I can hop on the bandwagon of "TSA run amok" this time. A TSA agent removed a weapon from the hand luggage - now, you can argue whether or not this particular individual should be ALLOWED to carry this particular weapon all you want, but the fact is that it IS a weapon, and designed as such.

Nail scissors? Never intended to be a weapon.

So in this case, TSA did what it was supposed to do. Would you prefer TSA employees make judgement calls about what weapons certain individuals SHOULD be permitted to take on board?

Not I.

I'd imagine a rather unexpectedly sharp TSA agent spotted the baton and alerted a nearby cop, who recognized that the owner of said luggage was in violation of PC s 265.20. Arrest, at that point, is assured. It's not as if TSA arrested this guy.