PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK residency tests 2013
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2012, 09:08
spanner the cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enecosse

If you check out the bit that relates specifically to international transportation workers it disallows you from using the provision of full time work abroad. It airily mentions that the effect shouldn't cause much effect on non residency as it says the part C test probably applies.

The problem is that if you read the various parts of the tests it goes from part A to B to C. As we aren't able to use FTWA we generally fail A and if our only property is in UK, B applies. Full stop do not go to C. Even if you do get to C, if you've done less than 3 tax years abroad your days of presence in UK are ridiculously limited. This is all highly discriminatory (on the basis of occupation) as I could go abroad at the same time as an engineer, working for the same company and be treated differently for UK tax for otherwise similar personal circumstances, ie family remains in UK. In an effort to prevent avoidance by some we are being penalised. Even though it's past the deadline for submissions I've still made one pointing out this unequal treatment. My MP has agreed to take up the case too. Suggest you do the same as whining about it in pprune isn't going to get HMRC to change their twisty little minds.