PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Navigation
Thread: ATPL Navigation
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2012, 04:05
Arch Angelos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

G'day Romeo81,

I sat this one back in August and have recently finished my ATPLs. For theharder 4 exams (APLA, ANAV, AFPA and AASA) I would highly recommend the RobAvery practise exams to supplement your AFT material.

Both are invaluable preparation, but the reason why I think you should dothe Avery exams is that I found them extremely long and very difficult tofinish (which was basically how I found myself in both the Nav and Flightplanning CASA exams finishing with literally 30 seconds to spare).

From memory the exam is roughly 50-50 theory and practical questions withthe theory questions being one markers. All those theory 1 markers I had seenalready be it from the Avery exams or AFT exams (or seen a question similar).

With the practical questions, focus on those areas you know you will getquestions on for example, there will almost certainly be a large off track PNRinvolving you to take a guess at the PNR and work towards an answer, an ETPquestion and almost certainly one of those nasty glide slope ones.

(Again, I found Avery's exams to be an on pat standard to CASA exam indifficulty)

Work through the exam in chronological order (i.e. 1s, 2s, 3s etc.) anddivide up your times in terms of a minutes/mark basis. If you haven't got ananswer move on an come back to it later.

All the best with it,

AA.