PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - malpractice Insurance
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2012, 03:56
Mic Dundee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
malpractice Insurance

Seems any one of us can be tomorrow's headlines in today's 24/7 news cycles, passengers Tweeting in real-time, etc. Like "Don't turn sharp when taxiing" (Have someone lift the tail around). We're often men and women of dash and predilection for hazard. Our manuals are ever changing, and at times seems difficult to stay on our craft. It's not artful any longer, just science - written by lawyers now. We need a 'parachute' of sorts. Is the any way we can protect ourselves from the perils of termination? Murphy's Law you know, for the dreaded "pilot error" verdict. I'm thinking of having something similar to what Physicians have, namely professional liability insurance, like "Malpractice Insurance." Not as much as being sued, but from the loss of income you'd certainly not have if terminated. Does it exist for us? Who moved my cheese!? You're fired, career over. Flying is risk adverse, these days, so is keeping your job! just remember your certificates are still on the line. I don't think there is ANY insurance that can protect you from the FAA... if there is, sign me up!