PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conscientious Objection
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2003, 13:23
ClearBlueWater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ORAC may have taken the time to put together a well argued point of view but that doesn't make his opinion correct.

Anyone who takes the time to read the well argued alternative viewpoints, which carry the support of the world's majority (can they all be wrong?), in the quality press will have seen that the reasoning for going to war with Iraq stretches credulity.

As professional military men you are inclined to wish to test your mettle but be prepared for a home coming committee similar to the one the American GIs got following their experiences in Vietnam. Admittedly you don't have much choice in the matter and I wish you all a safe return home. It's just a real shame, most of all a shame on Bush and Blair, that you'll be killing men, women and children without any moral justification on offer from any independent source.

Sorry chaps but that's how most of your nation and the rest of the world feels about this. I work and live in a fairly right wing environment and I don't know anyone who supports the intended war regardless of legalistic argument one way or the other.

The USA and UK will at some point soon present its final case for the need for war but the argument has been lost and a doubting world public will sniff rat in any last minute supporting 'evidence' that has been hitherto missing.