PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2012, 17:18
dublinaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fairly pro-Ryanair statement there. What was actually wrong with Wizz Air recruiting Ryanair staff? And what's wrong with Wizz Air starting a price war with Ryanair and also why do Wizz deserve everything they are getting?

Wizz are holding there own and are not leaving without a fight. I think you're forgetting dublinaviator how many poles actually flock to Cork just to travel with Wizz its something the Poles are noted for ''supporting their own'' even though Wizz is actually a hungarian airline. I believe however its due to the fact they are based all over Poland and have opened up the market thus have earned a certain loyalty to many Poles. For example ORK-POZ operates 2X weekly, DUB-POZ operate 2X Weekly. Wizz carries a better load factor ex-Cork and that's available to see on the CSO website. The fact people aren't flocking to the most accessible airport in the state and are flying ex-Cork says a lot about what I have said here.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the recruitment of Ryanair staff by Wizz. It's a credit to them they are ultimately trying to achieve a lower cost base then Ryanair thus being able to competitively compete. How could you say that's wrong and they deserve everything they get? They're a business trying to survive and adapt to a brutal form of competitor that is Ryanair.

Wizz will survive in some shape or form ex-Cork, we will probably see routes go but the only success I'm hearing Ryanair have had so far is Krakow down to Irish passengers and not Poles.
Never said they did anything wrong. But they started this price war, and poached managers from Ryanair with the intention of starting a price war. So I'm just pointing out this isn't Ryanair ruthlessly going after competition and then pulling out themselves, they're just retaliating against what Wizz Air started. So that's why I say they deserve whatever they get, because they went from avoiding Ryanair to suddenly competing with them head on and starting a price war. So I've no sympathy for them when they have to go up against Ryanair's response, which in this case is to go head-to-head on nearly every route out of Cork and undercut them.