PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2012, 16:33
SNNFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't agree at all that "Poles are known for supporting their own" - they simply aren't. To my knowledge, and without sounding like I'm generalising, the Polish community in Ireland have a great eye for a bargain and have no problem traversing the country to save a few euros. At a recent wedding I attended in Poland, the majority of the Polish contingency travelled from ORK with Wizz whilst the Irish flew with Ryanair from Dublin. Why? The flight times from ORK were inhumane, and I felt I bit more confortable, brand-recognition wise, with RYR. There was little in the price difference.

Another noteworthy point is that Wizz offers flexible methods of booking flights for those without credit/debit cards, including bank transfer and using a Wizz account (WIZZ Account). Again, from my experience, credit cards are not as common in Poland as they are here. In addition, until now, Wizzair maintained a healthy monopoly on most of Polish routes from the Munster region, since Limerick, which has a very large Polish population, lost all-but-one of their RYR Polish routes.

That said, I firmly don't believe there are room for both these operators - RYR will wipe the floor with Wizz.