PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merlin III and AC690 operating figures.
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2012, 16:11
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLovett me old. Conquest, still legends in their time.

Gross weight take off straight to FL350 start cruising 290KTAS FF can't remember exactly but <400pph. 2100nm range. Had the pleasure of many non stop coast to coasts both ways.

But that my friend was back in the late 70's and early 80's.

Cessna had to stop building them because they were predating Citation sales, that's how good they were. Over a 3-400 nm sector it was a close run thing.

Always was headed to Part 25 machines but Australian two airline policy pretty much put paid to them in any meaningful way. We actually had ordered an HS125 4BRA for charter in the early 70's but Customs stopped that. Tom the Cheap and Bell Bros took delivery of theirs as they were for PVT ops.

The two airline policy is where the idiot Senior Commercial license, (you could not hold an ATPL or Class 1 or 2 instrument rating unless you were employed by ine of the airlines) came from as well as the single pilot command instrument rating.

Been a bit busy for the last 5 years. Trust me financially they are not for the faint hearted.

Stationair8. -10's with Black Macs, maaaate.

Back on thread if they are serious about legacy turboprop they should add the Conquest to the top of the list. Bobby Douglas or John Tilley will know where the good ones are