PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GF A320 Operating Crew Transit check certification
Old 13th Nov 2012, 09:24
slowjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Masalama, I see your question was not really answered. GF always carried an Engineer to places where there was no resident GF Engineer. He would go there in J Class & Flight Crews welcomed his presence and availability. Captains were always trained and certified to cary out a Transit Check. However, in the past, the Engineer would do this. It appears that GF Captains now carry out the Transit checks even if an Engineer is carried. He will be carried, no doubt, in case he is needed for more serious work. That is why, I suggest, in these cases, he appears to be sitting around enjoying J Class facilities. He is, after all, just doing what he has been told to do by his Dept. Flight crews will see this as degradation of former life styles but I bet that they are very glad that the guy is around and at close call. At Stations where GF Engineering are available, I venture to say that they would merely 'attend' the aircraft. The actual Transit Check will still be carried out by the Captain. Rather than have him sit in a hot stuffy Van, I would still welcome him into a J seat, offer him whatever I could in the way of treats, very glad that he was around for more serious issues & onhand advice.