PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2012, 18:34
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are probably right GAZMO, but again this is the challenge, asking an airline to take a risk on a very seasonal route, not tried or tested, in the peak season contrasted to a strong holiday route/market such as Sun spots is a hard sell.

You will probably agree that we need some all year round routes and with some luck BFS will be able to get Toronto reinstated next summer, though the clock is now ticking.

Some feeling that FR were in talks, well that was certainly hinted by people close to the airport recently but that seems to be dead in the water, so I dont expect anything new for next summer. Nothing much going to happen. Jet2, easyJet and United will be the fixed scheduled operators. The rot has stopped i.e. loss of carriers with EI's departure, though will we see some BE services come over, unlikely?

The only think I would be watching is will easyJet want to mark it LGW territory with a LGW BHD link to supplement its BFS link, if the numbers prove challenging, I wouldnt rule it out.

As for new carriers, possibly a few charter operators I would imagine, Aegean again? Sata coming, possibly more? What about flights to Turkey, Onur air? Cyprus?