PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2012, 15:36
jazzyj78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear all,
I leave in france marseille and i'm flying at aix en rpovence (where the Guimbal firm is).
I'm also qualified on R22, R44,H300 and cabri G2.
I read a lot of critic about the G2...
Of course Cabri could have some negative point...
But this is a young aircraft, R22 and H300 are very old...
For me Cabri could have 1 negative point
The first the cyclic a little bit hard when this is your first flight with this aircraft....
This negative point is removed by all other qualities...

I think guy who flight in this aircraft more than 10 hours don't want to come back into R22 and H300...
Very easy to fly and very confortable...
And you can bring luggage ( or a red wine case) which is not possible in the R22 and the H300...Because there is cargo hold behind the pilot seat, you have also place below the two seats and a little box near rudder pedals.
Rudder pedal are ajustable today (first version not)...
You can have air conditionning and Ipad support...
And a plug to recharge you i phone or other...

As vinceWS i'm waiting for the Cabri G4...

If you try cabri G2 you should fly more than 10 hours in a row on it before to come back on H300 or R22...

When you fly in it don't think to compare with other aircraft just flight and test all that it is possible...Air conditionning, cargo hold (with fresh food and water or luggage), ipad support, the plug to recharger ipad or iphone or other...If you can make a long range trip it's better, over water or in desert, over town etc.

After that come back to R22 or H300 and lets see...

The only trouble is that a young aircraft then difficult for maintenance and not so much guys qualified on it...
within few year it will change i think...

If i have to buy a piston aircraft it will be R44 or Cabri G2 only..
R44 to take with me 3 passangers, the cabri G2 because it is clearly (for me) better than R22 and H300 even if i like to fly with R22 and H300 (but not for long range trip)...