PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2003, 08:48
VIKING9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update
On 7th January I got a call asking me to attend an interview that day. After explaining that although available at short notice, that was too short. I went along the next day instead. My next day went like this.

They told me to attend at a certain time and I was on site at that time. I then had to wait half an hour for the interviewers to appear, and no apology was forthcoming. What would have happened if I was late ? The interview was conducted by an Ops Supervisor, very nice girl, a personnel bod, generally ok and the Deputy DFO. This character needs to go back to charm school. Arrogant, blunt and rude sum this guy up.

After telling me that the probabtion period is one year he then told me that during that time he could just get rid of me if he didn't like me. Yeh, try it and see what happens. After a few questions were fired around the room in no real direction, he and the supervisor got up and left the room saying they would be in touch within a few days. The personnel guy then asked if I was offered the job could I start in one weeks time. I said yes to be told, "that won't happen because of the time it takes for passes to be issued". Why ask if I could start within a week then? He then promptly got up and started to leave the office telling me that if I had any questions I should follow him on his way out. I rapidly lost interest in Ryanair at that point. If this is what airlines are coming to then there's no wonder staff at locos are unhappy.

To be told I would get a phone call within a few days is one thing. To be treated as I was is another. I'm a professional in what I do. I at least deserve some respect when being interviewed. All this happened on January 8th and I've heard nothing since. No reply to e-mails, no reply to phone calls.

For those of you wanting to pursue Ryanair at STN in Ops/Crewing, take a bit of free advice - DON'T - If you want to be treated like a dog off the street at the interview, let alone whilst at work - then DO IT !!