PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Was this really the only way of dealing with this...?
Old 12th Nov 2012, 14:30
SOSL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm afraid I have to agree with TStab.

Most of us on this forum have long service and some of us have done things for which the nation should be grateful (not me I admit - had a cushy time).

But if any of us break the law we get done; whether by CM, magistrate or even High Court. Given our supposed position in society we will probably be punished more severely by any court than any other plonker (as I have observed). Which isn't fair - but the fact is that this guy pleaded guilty to a rather serious offence.

Given all this, he actually received a fairly lenient sentence - only 18 months and not in civil prison.

He loses his career and, possibly his family house, which is awful for his family, but at least he doesn't go to the criminal training college, run by the government as HMPS.

He may be able to rescue his life, when he gets out (or his appeal succeeds), especially as he seems to be a man of resolve.

I have seen stupid boys go into Colchester and some time later emerge as grown men. If he goes in as a grown man, which he will do, I imagine. He will probably come out as a serious contender in the rat race. I hope he does!

With respect, I wish him and his family the very best of luck and I hope the Regiment will help them as far as they can.

Rgds SOS

Last edited by SOSL; 12th Nov 2012 at 15:14.