PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAV incident MB CTR?
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2012, 12:55
chute packer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From elsewhere:

It was not an "incident". It has gone through the appropriate channels and is now getting sorted out. It was not an RC person or anything to do with that kind of flight. It was a legitimate operation that did not go as planned. All the major services were contacted and paperwork is happening.

These things DO happen on the odd occassion. I worked for a previous UAV company up north that had a LOT of incidents and it was very rare that they actually advised the appropriate authorities about what really happened.

You can speculate all you like about what went wrong, who it was, why it happened etc.......

That will not help at all. As stated it is being dealt with as we speak.

I look forward to hearing what replies come in. I do know of at least 1 other UAV company that isn't happy. To them, a very big sorry, believe me, we did not do this on purpose.

ps There is proof of how minor the infringement was (less than 500 feet inside and 400 foot altitude, autopilot info and google maps is amazing and accurate to show the truth.

I'm quite happy to put my hand up and I'd rather tell CASA what happened, then be a cowboy organistation and NOT do everything right.