PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 12th Nov 2012, 12:53
disagreeable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
So now Heading to Talent pool, and have to wait til end of February for new news !

What can I expect at the end of February ??
First of all welcome to the pool and congrats for passing the selection process.

Well 100's of us where/is hoping for some form of news at the end of November. I really hope they don't tell us to wait another 3 months. How they can still interview people when there is already a shed load of us waiting.

There is probably going to be another batch of Spanish pilots going to Doha again. (Iberia pilots).
Yes, updates for pilots in "talent pool" are now extended for end of Feb 2013.... .... dry your eyes guys.

But there is still a small chance for experienced guys to get an earlier update/start date.

@clintsta
Please apply for Emirates. You would be a fool not too. Overall package better ,company efficiency is ALOT better and lifestyle in Dubai is second to none compared to QR/Doha.
Yes, you would most likely get on 777. And you be right to not take anything less. But it is QR and who the hell knows what you'll get

@Capt-Aviator
Briefly on the FTSO contract/bond as i dont think its answerd yet;
Bond over 5 years and $75k..... also, start taking bond payments from day one!
So your screwed if you have a family, and your basically screwed again unless you get accomodation provided (which u quite possibly wont).... the FTSO pay is poor...... not to mention the time its taking them to be trained!!!!!!! Basically an S/O (FTSO or otherwise) has less respect than a 3 week trained F/A!!!! ... expect to not be told when or how long your training will be.

FTSO/SO Pay (Riyal, p/m):
9000 base.
1000 travel.
6000 housing (limits you to sharing or Ezdan towers ..... oh housing rents is expensive!!) you will spend it all, if not more.
so QR 10k = 2750 USD = 2150 EUR...... (Per Month)
Then you have a bond to pay out of that for new FTSO terms.... so minus 1388USD/5088QR.... SO YOU HAVE about $1380USD to live with per month......good luck with that!!!!
talk about slave wages!!!! Hopefully that will get you wannbe's thinking.

Oh and like I keep saying, if you come as FTSO then you will wait while your FLC number gets less because of the DEC's/F/O's that get skipped over you and trained while you wait and wait and wait ......going broke for this fantastic opportunity to be treated like a starry eyed moron

I am not sayn not to come, I am saying be fully armed with both positive and negative realities of the place; then you will have no excuse.....good luck with your decision !

Last edited by disagreeable; 12th Nov 2012 at 14:15.