PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How fulfilling is the airline route??
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2012, 11:36
stakeknife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi FANS, I am with EZY, so yes and no. Currently there is only one payscale for permanent pilots however nearly all the first officers are flexicrew. The endgame has started on flexicrew but what the resulting contract that the union can achieve is to be seen. I do believe that the goal of the union is to make sure that everyone that joins ezy will end up as a Captain on the 10 yr increment (15%-circa £105k +diems) Any new deal for F/O's may well see a new starter level or longer time to get there but I believe the key to not having a B scale will be that all new entrants will progress to what is currently the top increment of Captain salary +15%.

Overall, there are always areas of T&C's to improve but every pilot group in every airline has to fight for them as all managers want to lower costs. Most friends in various professional occupations feel undervalued and that respect is declining in their particular industry, ours is no different. We must not stop campaigning and fighting to maintain what we have and try to make gains where we can. The financial firestorm of the past 5 years has not helped but at EZY the company is in record profits with directors having taken over 160 million out of the business in bonuses over 8 years I think they can afford decent contracts for new entrants despite the financial crisis in Europe!

As for the actual day to day job I personally still enjoy. Good crews, good aircraft and great variety. Fixed pattern is priceless for planning my life with kids and Mrs Stakeknife!

Apologies if sounding too optimistic!!