PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC
Thread: IMC
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2012, 09:46
riverrock83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sarcasm noted . I know that your time and expertise is greatly appreciated on here...

So that is a Yes - and this is based on your reading of CAP804, which doesn't say directly (it only directly talks about JAR conversions and the UK National PPL), but implicitly suggests that if you get a Part-FCL licence, then later complete the IMC course, and get the paper work to CAA before 8th April 2014, you will receive an IR(r) on your Part-FCL license (rather than the alternative national PPL with IMC Rating).

And the basis of this, is that you can't lose the privilege of being able to add an IMCR / IR(r) to your licence before April 2014 to allow you to fly EASA aircraft in IMC in the future, which trumps the other EASA regulation that says you can't add a national rating to a Part-FCL licence.

Is that a fair summary? As I've said elsewhere, it doesn't say that you can't add a new IR(r) to an already acquired Part-FCL licence. Its just quite expensive to do something based on an untested, implicit assertion (which is why I hope someone else gets a definitive, written answer from the CAA before I start!

As I've said elsewhere - I'm looking to do my PPL skills test soon, and so start to plan out what to do with my licence to learn for the next year or so, and I would like an IR(r) to feature in there, as it seems more useful than an EIR in the UK.