PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Seat belts don't matter,” said Michael O’Leary, chief executive of Ryanair.
Old 12th Nov 2012, 08:18
up_down_n_out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alternative?
"Pay vastly over inflated prices to fly "National Carriers"
  1. where the Cabin Crew look down the their noses at anyone not in J Class....
  2. To fly Airframes 10-20yrs old (at least)
  3. To have delays due to pompous crews being on strike because someone is threatening to take away their draconian T&C's"
Strangely enough I regularly fly BA, as well as EZY, GWI, and have used UTA, TSO and others in Eastern Europe.
Not a single one of those criticisms was even remotely true, apart from the inevitable close encounter with AFL, who I would never ever fly again.

Generally speaking QOS actually meant something.
The price was actually LOWER than the equivalent Ryan con job, dragging you into some deserted airport 3hrs from any town.

Of course your mileage will vary.
It's a long time I for one abandoned the Ryan experience as being for the truly desperate, managed by the despicable, checked in by pit bulls, and security checked by sleep deprived ego trippers.

Now we hear it's for the suicidal as well?

Nota:-
I remember one recent flight when the PAX all started to get up and open luggage lockers, when the a/c was still taxiing to the terminal. An announcement STILL had no tangible result to make them sit down, so the PIC slammed on the anchors.

I watched as the 8-10 PAX were pitched down the aisle, on to some particularly fat woman.
LOL!
Lucky that made for a soft landing, but WHAT IF?

Last edited by up_down_n_out; 12th Nov 2012 at 08:27.