PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2012, 07:49
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do some people here really belief that I get paid by SEN/Stobarts to put positive comments on here? If so then they're way off the mark as I'm totally freelance and although, through work for other airlines/airports, this brings me into contact with their management quite often I have never been paid by them for anything. I've done them the odd favour when I've been at a convention but nothing I need to declare to the taxman.

I freely admit that I'm a SEN 'nut' and have been ever since I was about eight years old and saw that TWA Connie land with an engine on fire in the 1950s. All I try to do is pass on information which might be of interest whch relates to the rebirth of SEN. If I see that infomation being distorted or wrongly interpretted to suit someone's agenda (that person normally having no knowledge whatever of the facts; for example as was so clearly the case several times with the recent OLT saga) I try to put the record straight. If by doing so I'm seen as trying to stifle those with alternative views, then perhaps the fault lies in the way I'm doing it as that isn't my intention. Anyone is obviously free to post whatever they like, but surely they must be prepared for what they say to be challenged if it's simply plain wrong from factual point of view.

When someone says, for example, that if OLT operated its German flights into STN rather than SEN if would increase its chances of operating profitably "three fold", such a statement needs justfication surely rather than just being baldly stated and accepted.

On the matter of aircraft ground time at SEN at present why is this an apparent surprise to so many people? For reasons of their choosing EZY have decided to leave three aircraft SEN-based when it was always obvious that they would not all be fully utilised. Perhaps for them it is more economical to do so and giving half a standby aircraft conveniently located in the London area. There was in fact talk a month or so ago of them parking a spare aircraft at SEN in any case. Perhaps Pain in the R's might like to consider that take on the situation.

I look forward to the discussion here on the Press Release which is due out on Wednesday - if it appears as plannned. Probably not too much for SEN in the shortrun, but lots of potential perhaps.