PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2012, 01:14
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
The routes I really want to see at Stansted are Brussels-Charleroi and Paris-Beauvais, both very short routes I know, but very feasible. Something like a minimum of 3 flights and 2 flights each day respectively would certainly work. They have done Brussels up to 8 daily flights in the past.
FRatSTN - could you provide a rationale for flying from Stansted to either Charleroi or Beauvais when a Eurostar from St Pancras (Waterloo no more, so easily accessible from north of the Thames) is both fast (2h20 to Paris, 2h10 to Brussels) and frequent, and there are existing flights to the primary airports in Paris + Brussels from a mix of Heathrow, Luton and City. Would be great if you could also indicate the kind of passenger who would choose to fly STN-BVA or STN-CRL, why they would pay a sufficient price to make the flight profitable and why when including the cost of ground transport and APD into the overall fare, they would not find the Eurostar more suited to their needs

Yes, I know that FR flies regularly from Stansted to Dublin, but that route doesn't have a competing 300 km/h train service...

Last edited by davidjohnson6; 11th Nov 2012 at 01:16.