PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2012, 20:53
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Danny, your amazing powers of recollection of a war that ended over 67 years ago are undiminished and, witness the tributes paid to you above, much appreciated. Happy Birthday! I hope that it has been a truly enjoyable one.

As I write this I am watching the British Legion Festival of Remembrance that encapsulates all that this thread stands for, and the tales told by its succeeding contributors, you now being Resident Contributor in Chief. For this is a story of Remembrance, of Duty done and Sacrifice made. I'm sure that you will be remembering fallen comrades tomorrow, as we all will. There is much talk of "going to the dogs" about modern Britain and the present generation. I disagree totally with that view. There has never been more awareness of the debt we owe to the sacrifice of your generation, and to succeeding ones, especially the present one. That is why this thread is such a success, that is why it is so treasured, that is why we are so grateful to you and your fellow contributors, Danny.Very Many Happy Returns of the Day!