PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2012, 13:23
Scottish.CPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys,

I wanted to ask this question, mostly for constructive advise and to advise as well.

I mentioned in a threat that the CAA were charging to fee's for the CAD test! i could not understant why, i spoke to Gatwick and the optometrist, and he advised me that there is two versions of the test, at to difference costs..

the first cost of £ 42 is a short 30 second to 1 min presentation, that tests you on primary targets that the test would task as being l signals, both in strength and brightness, i asked why i was not offered this, and i was not given a specific answer, now the 142 that i paid for was the full 15 min test, which i found long, fatiguing and to be honest sitting for 15 min looking at a tv screen was not a good experience, so i have been offered a retake, another thing is that the result for me was 7.44 r/g.. and according to the technician any result within 6 and 7 could be taken again and averaged out, but that score i got should not be used as it not within retake scale anyway..

also the optometrist, who i advised that the test was being promoted as 100 % accurate, and when i challenged him, he said that in order for the test to continue i would need to guess the signal direction and i could be fortunate to get the correct answer!!!!

should i take this bloody thing again, and to to city rather than caa again!!!