PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2012, 12:23
guern123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe must be loseing a lot of Business on the GCI - LGW through lack of Jet service. I flew mid week last week 7AM flight out and 19.50PM back (first and last one of the day) 78 seater Dash had 36 people on out bound and 33 on return. Dont get me wrong they offer a great service but for some reason people choose Aurigny being a local airline. I guess at least 50% of the people on board were travelling for business so wont want the free 20Kgs of luggage that Aurigny offer. The dash is quieter and quicker it can take off 15minutes behind the ATR and land just after or in some cases before it. I belive Flybe have a rough time with the states owned airline Aurigny continue to make a loss yet get bailed out time and time again by the Guernsey states. People need to wise up and realize it wont be too long before the Gatwick slots are so expensive Aurigny will either become too pricey or will leave Gatwick. Guernsey people need to start beliveing in Flybe a bit before they ditch the GCI - LGW route. From Flybe point get the E-175 on to this route ASAP and watch the numbers go up. People are all talk about i like to support the local Airline but as soon as they can say we travel by jet they will soon swap to Flybe!!