PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jaa unfrozen atpl conversion to canadian atpl
Old 10th Nov 2012, 12:11
ReleasePT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I also ask you something?

I have a JAA frozen ATPL licence. I'm also considering the possibility of trying something in Canada. I have a European citizenship and I'm also not married to a Canadian woman.

I know that without a visa is not easy to look for a job as a pilot there but I have another job. I'm a registered nurse working in Switzerland (I speak English and French which I suppose is an advantage. I also speak Portuguese and Spanish). I'm not sure if it's possible but I know that it's quite easy to find a job there as a nurse. What I have in mind is that maybe I could enter there to work as a nurse and once I'm there convert my cpl license to a Canadian one and then try to find a job as a pilot. Do you have any idea if that is possible?

I’m getting out of options. I’m 32 and 250h FT. In Europe it’s almost impossible to find a job and I’m honestly thinking on making a p2f program. I didn’t want to do this but as I said I’m not seeing alternatives to this.

Thank you in advance.