PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2012, 12:03
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regardless of what shift is agreed on or whatever F Wits Australia have to say, this round of redundancies is just the first hurdle. Once the dust settles on this lot, the next will be fired at us.

It's all very well for those outside of the firing range to cast opinions and aspersions of what should or shouldn't be done, but once the engineering numbers have been dwindled to an amount that makes engineering untenable to keep, they will just shut it down.

Just remember October 2011 when the airline was shut down and there wasn't a thing anyone could do about it. Not even the government, as they were forced to go to F Wits Australia.

To all the "experts" on this forum who think they have the answers, you don't.

It's not just QANTAS, but every job in every industry in this country is stuffed. Why? Because there are those on this forum that say "Australian products or services" just aren't up to scratch to compete with the overseas competitors, and vote to go with them. A lot of people seem to enjoy laying into QANTAS and its employees, but the one true saviour of QANTAS to date is its employees and their dedication to making the company run, regardless of the adversities and obstacles in their way.

Sunfish should remember what I have said from previous posts. We can't make apple pie from crap, but we make the best apple pie tasting crap and serve it with a smile.

I am resigned to the fact that I will eventually be out of a job, if not in this round, it will be one in the future, but I will be damned if I'm going to be scared off, bullied or threatened out of my job. I will continue to do what I do and as I've been doing for many years until I'm given my eviction notice.