PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 23:48
Arkroyal
Just a numbered other

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JP

Meanwhile, little seems to have been said about the equally distressed relatives of all those passengers. Are we really saying to these husbands/sons/fathers that these good folk entrusted their lives to our Air Force, that they were then killed, and that we do not have the faintest idea how that tragedy came about?
If you really beleive that those poor folk are best served by a kangaroo court and lynching, then you insult their intelligence.

Read back and see Mrs Phoenix's comments. Yes, a wife who lost her husband, but is fair minded enough to require some proof before the blame is conveniently hung on the pilots.

Arkroyal.........If, as you say, the crew intended to follow the coast northwards, can you offer any conceivable reason why they did not do so
I don't have to, but can think of any number of distractions, or problems which may have taken the pilots' eyes off the ball long enough to contribute to this accident, and control problems cannot be discounted. I was in the chamber of the House of Lords when the AAIB said so.

If no such distraction or malfunction happened, and the crew simply raised the nose a tad and climbed into the cloud covered mull, then they were indeed negligent. I find THAT inconceivable.

It is not for anyone to SUPPOSE what MAY HAVE happened and due to their 'superior intelect', call such supposition PROOF. It was the RAF BoI's job to prove (if a finding of gross negligence was to be entertained) beyond any doubt whatsoever what DID happen.

If we are 'going round the same bouys yet again', I make no apology for it.

You continue to answer valid argument concerning FACT with OPINIONS, which although valid OPINIONS should never be confused with FACT.

Thanks Tandem. As Brian once said, these people will have to open their eyes and ears one day. And we will still be here.

Yum Yum... I quite agree, but sadly feel unable to until justice is done. The crew's memories and the relatives of ALL the dead are not best served by things remaining as they stand.