PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2012, 10:30
vectisman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJ6 said
'I think i'm just being realistic, I don't see a quick fix here, if they cut frequency to up load factors they make the product less attractive for the people who need/want a higher frequency.'

I do agree with this statement. Sometimes as well you have to be bold and take a few risks to succeed.

Flybe's EMB Jets (195 and 175) are well received aircraft. Use them more on the key routes, especially as more 175s are delivered. Reliable frequent services with good cabin service and competitive pricing is the key.

I also wouldn't give up on Gatwick just concentrate on routes that support the jets and compete!! (Newcastle, Manchester, Inverness, Newquay, Belfast City, Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey plus some decent French tourist destinations in the summer months). Being at a London airport is important for national and international exposure.I know that Guernsey may need an upgrade before jets are possible. Is this true of the 175 too?

I am not at all anti the Dash 8 (it has allowed services to continue and happen where they wouldn't have done so) but to compete with Easyjet, Ryanair and others you need a comparable product or ideally a better one!!

Finally if the business model looks as though it might not be working to best advantage do not be stubborn about amending it.

It is frustrating to see Flybe develop routes and then abandon some of them too quickly if competition hots up. Work to get a loyal customer base and this should be less of an issue.For example Aberdeen. BA started from LCY BE stops Gatwick but Easyjet didn't! Easyjet puts A319 on Isle of Man so you should put EMB 175 on Isle of Man etc...)

Apologies if I come across as an armchair airline boss!! I enjoy travelling on Flybe and do not want to lose it.

V.