PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2012, 07:30
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GSA: British Open Helicopter Championships then perhaps, would that have been held alongside the WHC? Either way, Roger Savage had posted on his site that he won a competition in the Gazelle showcased on the previous page in the 'late 80's' at Castle Ashby.

Denissimo wrote: "1986 was the event when I lost the tail rotor halfway though my display routine and as a consolation prize, the German team presented me with a signed wall tile plaque."
It must have been quite disconcerting .. bang in the middle of a display too! I think from past posts you mentioned you got her down safe .. did you use a run-on landing technique to land her? Either way, well done!

More Cadbury ..

Geoffers mentioned in his list of JetRangers flown that he had encountered the celebrated G-CHOC and I am waiting to hear whether he had any dealings with the man himself!

Earlier in the thread when we were discussing Cadbury PPRuNer MrChopper informed us that 'The Cad' had at one time kept an Ecureuil in his stable .. G-JANY .. a new shot of her (for the thread at least) appearing below:

Peter Cadbury's AS350B Ecureuil G-JANY at Manchester International Airport on 2nd September 1981

More JANY on page 8.